critpath approval process seems rather broken

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 11:43:14 UTC 2011

Dne 10.4.2011 23:07, Adam Williamson napsal(a):
> (What I'd like to be able to do in this kind of case is have Bodhi
> explain, hey, this package is critpath because $THIS_OTHER_PACKAGE
> depends on it, and if $THIS_OTHER_PACKAGE is working okay, then this
> package has fulfilled its critpath responsibilities, go ahead and +1
> it).

I think that this is really too simplistic system (especially given that
our dependencies are broken, because we are missing Suggests/Recommends
… Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam). Let me show you one
more example.

I have posted some updates to mobile-broadband-provider-info. These are
just data files for NetworkManager, they need frequent updates, and the
biggest disaster which can happen in case of their brokenness (which is
quite low, anyway, these are XML files validated during the build) is
that somebody won't be able to connect to the Internet via mobile phone.
However, because it is a dependency for NetworkManager, it is in the
critical path.

And, so although I asked on #fedora-qa for testing already twice,
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/mobile-broadband-provider-info-1.20110218-1.fc13
has been in updates-testing since 2011-02-19 01:03:39.

Best,

Matěj