A "whatuses" command for yum?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Apr 11 21:36:02 UTC 2011

> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:59:11 -0500, Jon wrote:
>> repoquery --whatrequires <foo>, which could be a name of an RPM, or a
>> solib name, like libfoo.so.0.
>
> Note that --alldeps option is the default for some time, so if you
> really want <foo> to be "a name of an RPM", you need to add --exactdeps

I think that's somewhat misleadingly put, there's no need to use
--exactdeps if one wants to give "a name of an RPM" as an argument.  For
the example above, --exactdeps is only needed if one wants to get the
list of things that depend on the exact string <foo> (so dependencies to
things <foo> might provide are not checked), but I believe those use
cases are not as usual as the default --alldeps ones.