rfc/headsup: graphics driver packaging in F16+

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 15:02:38 UTC 2011

On 04/13/2011 03:10 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On 4/13/11 9:09 AM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>
>> ... should we work on making qemu/kvm default to something more
>> modern/sane?
>> (qxl, vmware?) Does it not end up mattering (or do we need cirrus for
>> legacy OS support)?
>
> It ends up being a function of the guest OS - vmware's Windows driver
> will refuse to run on anything but vmware's hypervisor, etc - which
> means that's really more of a virt-manager question.

Hm, odd. When i switch from cirrus to the vmware display driver it seems
to work quite nicely here on my box (RHEL-6 host) and Xorg.log.0 clearly
shows it using the vmware driver in the guest, too. And i'm pretty sure
we didn't do any hacks in RHEL-6 to make this work specifically as the
default was and is cirrus driver (as limited as that may be).

Thanks & regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Supervisor Core Services     | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111