Ext4 + barriers=1 + ssd + power loss while commiting to a git repo = broken repo?

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:15:12 UTC 2011

W dniu 14 kwietnia 2011 11:04 użytkownik Andreas Schwab
<schwab at redhat.com> napisał:
> Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> But the question remains - should enabled barriers protect against
>> such data loss/breakage? Or I just had a big bad luck?
>
> It could also be a bug in git, perhaps it needs to take more care to
> create the ref file atomically.

Should I report it to upstream or in bugzilla.redhat.com?

I have no problems with doing backups and restoring from them,
but if it's a git problem, then someone in the future may be less fortunate.

It seems to me that the repairing git repo without a deep knowledge of
it can be rather difficult.

--
Best regards,
Michal