Systemd unit file implementation questions (ypbind)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 16:15:11 UTC 2011

>> In man systemd.unit
>> >
>> >     BindTo=
>> >               Configures requirement dependencies, very similar in style
>> >  to Requires=, however in addition to this behaviour it also
>> >               declares that this unit is stopped when any of the units
>> >  listed suddenly disappears. Units can suddenly, unexpectedly
>> >               disappear if a service terminates on its own choice, a
>> >  device is unplugged or a mount point unmounted without involvement of
>> >               systemd.
>> >
>> >  ExecStop=-/bin/systemctl stop upsd-device.service
>> >  ExecStop=-/bin/systemctl stop upsd-monitor.service
> Why ExecStop= here?

It was meant as an either or.

The BindTo= reference in the man page does not mention that it will take
down with it any service bound to it when the service is stop.

The man page only states that if any of the service bound to it for one
reason or another fails the service will be stopped at least that's the
meaning I get when reading the BindTo= section in systemd.unit

JBG