Fedora 15 / Gnome 3 gotchas

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 10:05:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

I made some noises on IRC about people upgrading to F15 (like myself)
who would all come across the same surprises and would have to find a
way to work around them. I suggested it might help to publish
something like release notes but more user oriented, to help to ease
the pain (and to defuse the many questions that will undoubtedly find
their way to the various support forums). At the time no-one seemed to
pick up on the idea.

I wrote a blog post about it, maybe not the best way to help Fedora
users so feel free to take the idea and the content and repackage it
as appropriate.

http://littlethorpe.net/wordpress/?p=334 "Fedora 15 Gnome 3 gotchas"

If nothing else maybe I have included the right words so that users
can Google for 'what the heck happened to my minimise button' or
whatever and find some help.

-Cam