AutoQA: distro congestion?

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 12:33:59 UTC 2011

> On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 04:35 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > > I built two sets of security updates for f13/f14/f15 and autoqa
> > > rejected
> > > the f13/f14 packages. It looks like autoqa is waiting for the
> > packages
> > > to be properly pushed to f<N+1> stable before green-lighting the
> > > matching package for f<N>.
> >
> > I suppose you're talking about upgradepath test. Yes, that's exactly
> > its behavior.
>
> This seems wrong to me. If I as a packager create an upgrade in bodhi,
> autoqa should consider what is present in f<N+1> not only as stable
> package but also as proposed upgrade. It should then impose a
> constraint
> that the upgrade for f<N> can only be pushed to stable if f<N+1> is
> pushed to stable at the same time (or obviously independently before).

It is just a best effort for now. Once we are able to create those "safe to push" update sets, we will be able to consider not only packages in stable, but also packages in other currently proposed updates.

We want to reach the state you're talking about (while still staying informative). It's just not a few hours work :)