Update of fedpkg coming to handle new branch names

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 23:44:37 UTC 2011

As part of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dist_Git_Branch_Proposal I
have prepared an update to fedora-packager (the package that holds
fedpkg); 0.5.9.0-1.  This update contains code to handle repositories
that are in the old naming style as well as the new style.  It also has
code to detect when the new naming style goes into effect, and a helper
script to convert existing clones to the new naming style.

My plan is to let this version go through -testing and into stable for a
period of time (week~?) and then do the conversion on the live repos.
During the time this update is in -testing and stable I invite anybody
who is willing to help me verify that things will be ready for the
switch.  I still have use of pkgs.stg.fedoraproject.org that I will be
syncing up and doing another conversion run on to fine tune the
conversion script and can use that to test how fedpkg will react.

Please let me know if any issues arise with this update or if you are
willing to help me test the conversion functionality.  Thanks!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!