AutoQA: distro congestion?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 14:07:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 11:05 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:30:44 +0300, AT wrote:
>
> > > AutoQA is still in testing phase, there is no enforcement yet.
> >
> > Maybe the bodhi messages confused me. When I logon to a.f.o/updates it
> > prominently displays:
> >
> >                 Bodhi is now enforcing the Package Update Acceptance
> >                 Criteria across all Fedora releases.
>
> This links to the Wiki and explains what is being enforced. It is much
> to read, but in short,
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_acceptance_criteria#All_other_updates
>
> your packages (F-14, F-13) either need to sit for one week in testing
> or reach the karma threshold you configured. Mediawiki updates have been
> submitted on 04-16, so the one week is not over yet. For F-15 it's three
> days only currently. Bodhi adds a comment to a ticket when the acceptance
> criteria are satisfied and when the minimum time in testing has been
> reached. (It adds that comment even if the ticket has reached a negative
> karma value meanwhile, so be warned.)
>
> Some packagers have been observed circumventing the system by configuring
> a karma threshold of 1, so their own +1 vote or the first one from an arbitrary
> tester make it possible to mark the update stable.
>
> > And the conversion to testing was mentioned when I tried to push the
> > package, not later, when a human could process the request.
>
> You've tried to select "stable" as the target already when submitting
> the updates, and bodhi rejected that. With the CVEs mentioned for Mediawiki,
> why didn't you choose "security" instead of "stable"?
>
> > Currently the autoqa process is very muddy to me and probably other
> > packagers as well:
>
> The AutoQA stuff that's been running lately does not add to the Package Update
> Acceptance criteria yet. It would need to either spend karma points to inform
> bodhi or even receive special veto privileges to influence bodhi's decision on
> whether an update may enter the stable repo.

Right, once we iron out any kinks with bodhi tagging and autoqa tests
+scheduling, we'll revisit better ways to convey automated test results
in a non-irritating manner.

To reiterate again, AutoQA simply adds a comment to the bodhi update
informing the maintainer about automated test results for packages in
that update.  It does not add karma (positive or negative) in any way at
this time.  If the results don't make sense or are wrong, please stop by
autoqa-devel at lists.fedorahosted.org and let folks know.

Thanks,
James