Announcing the release of Fedora 15 Beta!!

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 26 15:06:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 16:21 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> > I think that's where some of us disagree with you.
> >
> > Having lots of parts of poor quality doesn't raise the global quality of
> > Fedora. Having only a few parts, each of excellent quality, does.
>
> If you really NEED a certain piece of software (for a job, for a hobby or
> for whatever reason), would you rather:
> * have it available, though possibly not with an active maintainer?
> * not have it available at all?

If I really needed a certain piece of software and no one else was
actively maintaining it, I would become an active maintainer.

If I can't maintain something myself and no one else is doing it, I will
try as hard as possible to depend on something else.

Active maintenance is, to me, at least as important as the actual
quality of the software (an actively maintained software that is
deficient now will improve over time).

--
Mathieu