PackageKit in Fedora 15 (beta)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 16:57:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 18:23 +0200, Florian Festi wrote:

> > I have to defend Seth here ... in the last flamewar on this theme he
> > admitted that introducing Suggests/Recommends would be question of half
> > an hour (maybe he didn't mean it literally) and he would be willing to
> > do it in the moment FESCO (or Board, or whoever is appropriate to make
> > the decision) would tell him so

> I think if anybody can come up with a exact description how they should
> look like and how they should work and can create some evidence that
> this is want we need and want implementing them is not the problem[*].
> Until now no one has come up with a proposal and enough confidence.

Suggests: has been in Mandriva for several years, being used actively by
packagers and users, without any major problems. Yes, you can draw up
all kinds of theoretical objections and considerations, but to me the
fact of long-term practical usage rather seems to trump those. :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey