Trouble with building packages in F16: "The moc has changed too much"

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora at normalesup.org
Tue Aug 2 13:54:38 UTC 2011

On lundi 01 août 2011 20:08:12 Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 1 August 2011 15:24, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:
> > It's not very good idea to ship pre-generated moc files, better to
> > autogenerate them during the build-time. PackageKit is using automake,
> > so it's a little bit more difficult but possible, check for example [1].
>
> Right, I *think* I'm doing the right thing in
> https://gitorious.org/packagekit/packagekit/blobs/master/lib/packagekit-qt/
> src/Makefile.am with the only difference being that I'm shipping the moc
> files in the tarball. Can I just nuke the moc files in the fedora spec
> file, and they'll get regenerated at build time? Or should I remove
> MOCFILES from EXTRA_DIST?

Yes. MOC files are generated files like .o files. The difference is that it is
generated *source* files. MOC files are with a version of Qt is not guaranted
to be usable with another one x.y.z, even if only the .z version number is
changed.

--
Laurent Rineau
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LaurentRineau