Btrfs status for F16

Josef Bacik josef at toxicpanda.com
Mon Aug 8 12:44:44 UTC 2011

Hello,

In order to hopefully (and I understand this is a unrealistically big
hope) stem the amount of hostile comments and random remarks about
Btrfs not being ready for F16 that I get with _every_ bz that get's
filed against it, let me announce this as clearly as possible

BTRFS WILL NOT BE THE DEFAULT FILE SYSTEM FOR F16

Fesco outlined basic requirements that needed to be met by Alpha for
the switch to be allowed to happen and we have not met those
requirements so it won't be happening for F16.

I appreciate those who will continue to use it and report bugs, we are
working very hard on trying to get everything more stable and it is a
slow going process.  With your help we will be in a better situation
for F17.  Thanks,

Josef