Fwd: [Fedora Update] [CRITPATH] [old_testing_critpath] mdadm-3.1.3-0.git20100804.3.fc14

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 21:42:12 UTC 2011

> On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 09:02 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
>> Can we please either disable these nag messages or give developers the
>> ability to push a package regardless of testing when it reaches nag age?

> You have that ability for non-critpath updates, but for critpath the
> thought is that updates really need to get tested before they go out.

I've been procmail'ing old_testing_critpath mail to /dev/null for some
time.  It makes no sense to be nagging the one person who cannot, by
definition, provide independent testing of the package.  Therefore, they
are useless and not worthy of my time.  Auto nagmail to proventesters
might be of some value, but not to the package maintainer.

			regards, tom lane