Default services enabled

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 00:01:33 UTC 2011

On 08/22/2011 05:24 AM, Steve Grubb wrote:
> Imagine an updated xinetd + upstart. Would that not solve the
> problems, cause less turmoil, and be more secure? -Steve

How?   Fedora has talked about moving to systemd much before the Fedora
14 release.   It was postponed to Fedora 15, has become the default in
that release and we have already migrated dozens and dozens of services
and we are nearing the Fedora 16 Alpha release shortly and aiming for
100% conversion by the general release.  How is moving *back*  now to
upstart going to be less turmoil?   I understand that you are busy and
paying attention to this matter only now but I can't consider this as a
serious proposal.

Rahul