spacenavd: Need help with systemd unit

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Mon Aug 22 20:53:16 UTC 2011

On Mon, 22.08.11 15:16, Richard Shaw (hobbes1069 at gmail.com) wrote:

> I'm working on a review request for spacenavd[1] which is a daemon for
> providing access to 3D input devices that use the library libspnav.
>
> I have not built a package that uses sysv for systemd yet so this is my first.
>
> I have a working sysv init script based on the provided template but
> it would probably be better to start out a new package using systemd
> instead.
>
> Here's my first attempt at :
> [Unit]
> Description=Spacenav Daemon
> After=syslog.target
>
> [Service]
> Type=Simple

It's "simple", not "Simple", and since "simple is the default anyway,
you can leave it out.

> ExecStart=/usr/bin/spacenavd

> [Install]
> WantedBy=graphical.target
>
> Is this all I need? It does not depend on any other service that I know of.

Depends. If this daemon provides some interface to local clients you
either want to make it socket activatable (requires patching) or use
"Type=forking" or so, so that we can properly order bootup.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.