systemd in F15 orphaned?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Aug 22 14:53:47 UTC 2011

Am 22.08.2011 16:36, schrieb Jon Ciesla:

>> Am 21.08.2011 22:07, schrieb Jon Ciesla:
>>> Ignoring the pace at which this discussion is approaching incivility, in
>>> what way would bleeding-edge updates to systemd address any of the
>>> above?
>>> For games, many would argue the pushing the latest and greatest to every
>>> release is good.  I might agree in most cases.  But for something like
>>> systemd, most admins I've worked with would like nothing to change in
>>> the
>>> middle of a stable release unless it fixes a bug
>>
>> most admins will not be NOW at F15, they wait until F14-EOL for
>> production use to get most bad behavior and bugs away before
>> update servers
>
> Fedora?  Production?  I do that, but I'm mental

yes - from F9 to F14 this was really easy
VMware-Cluster with snapshots, some backup-machines as test
all machines using the same internal cache-repo and no external

per server 4-6 minutes and 30 seconds for reboot
no problem maintain 23 servers this way with a little brain and helper-scripts

but F15 is the first release where this feels really ugly with no benefit
anywhere until now