Default services enabled

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Aug 22 21:58:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 23:15:38 +0200
Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 22.08.2011 23:01, schrieb Tom Callaway:
> > On 08/22/2011 04:41 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> >> I'd vote for simply making this an implementation detail of the
> >> package. I.e. if a package gets the permission to enable its
> >> service by default it's up to it whether it wants to be started at
> >> boot or via socket actviation of via any other kind of activation.
> >
> > Sure, assuming that FESCo agrees that packages starting by default
> > is the same as socket-enabled start on-demand.
>
> this argumentation is strange and makes no sense

I think you are confused as to what 'by default' means.

It means: when you install this package on your Fedora system, will it
start automatically on next boot or not.

Thats all. You as end user can disable it, enable it, or do whatever
you like with it. Thats your choice. This default is simply talking
about what state it's in when first installed.

kevin