Default services enabled

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 00:35:28 UTC 2011

Lennart Poettering <mzerqung <at> 0pointer.de> writes:

> I really honestly wished the troupe of you four or five people who keep
> trying to noisily shoot systemd down on fedora-devel would actually try
> to understand what is going on. Try to get the bigger picture. Try for
> once to see if there might be something good in systemd, because there's
> a lot.

Lennart,

we are not going to sacrify UNIX/Linux, SysVinit, even systemd (the product
of you, your co-developers, and ... imported ideas from "one song for one USD"
company) for your ego, which is larger than life.

We try to help you understand the principles of UNIX development - you ignore
them and the poeple who were guided by them for 30-40 years in their
professional life.
You even try to belittle them, people who are clearly superior in their
professional experience and understanding of UNIX in general, and are quite
capable of assessing the value of systemd.
It is obvious that you do *not* understand them.

You were once even so silly that you went to FreeBSD people and told them to
abandon it and join Linux world instead.
And you want to offer them what ? Your understanding of (or lack thereof)
this UNIX-like Linux principles we want to be guided by and preserve ?

Grow up, man !

These people here dedicate their time, exchange info and ideas, analyze, point
at problems, offer solutions, share experience and knowledge with you, and
that all to correct more and less obvious defficiencies in systemd project.
All they get in return is "mine is bigger than yours" attitude. As if anything
they said, and documented, and supported was not worth a dime because it is
agains your "worldview".
Do you realise what kind of havoc you caused in Fedora releases, current and
future, not only in SysVinit area, but also in others.
It is even worse, you blame them for problems of your own making, suspecting
us of some kind of conspiracy against you and the goals and quality of your
pet project called systemd.

Grow up, man !

You are offending all these good people who are on this list dealing with you
and your project.
You really do not expect them to accept your sick "world domination" drive
and its product as a viable UNIX/Linux standard to be included in this Fedora,
later Red Hat, and other distros, as you stated you expect it to happen, do
you ?

Grow up, man !

JB