gimp

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Aug 26 00:22:06 UTC 2011

Petr Machata wrote:
> Is that actually possible?  I seem to recall that the reason why Firefox
> can be called Firefox in Fedora, and not, say, Iceweasel or whatever, is
> that we ship vanilla upstream.

I have always said that if we can't ship Firefox with that name while
following the Fedora policies, the right thing to do is to just rename it,
not give it exceptions to our policies.

In particular, I find it unacceptable that the packages in the Mozilla stack
are the ONLY packages to which provenpackagers can't commit. And that
Firefox repeatedly gets permission to bundle some libraries only because
upstream refuses to support using the system version, even though it would
work just fine. And so on…

        Kevin Kofler