floppy support (was: [HEADS UP] remove ddate(1) command from rawhide)

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Aug 29 14:58:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 09:44:33AM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:

> Because there are still people with floppy drives?

+1

It's ridiculous to think that older HW doesn't exist because systems
with that HW are not sold anymore (I don't even know id the latter
is true at all -- some special purpose systems might still have it).

We just have to wait till people come up with the argument that serial
or parallel ports don't exist anymore.

Don't let us all fall in the GNOME3 trap (assuming that all hardware
now has accelerated graphics support, which is even more ridiculous,
although GNOME3 has become useless for most people I know anyway).

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>