What must I do for libquvi in F16

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Dec 4 06:14:37 UTC 2011

Nicoleau Fabien wrote:
> - open a bz ticket to create git access for libquvi-scripts and libquvi
> in F16 (quvi already exists)

Actually, the new branch request should be filed in the existing review
ticket, see:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_SCM_admin_requests#Package_Change_Requests_for_existing_packages

> - commit and push all the changes for libquvi-scripts, libquvi, quvi and
> the packages depending on quvi

Right.

> - ask rel-eng to make a chain-build for all the pacakges

No. A chain-build for a released Fedora is only possible in a dedicated tag,
and in this case I don't think it's worth the overhead of a dedicated tag,
so rel-eng would probably reject that request. Instead:
* build libquvi
* request a buildroot override through:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/override/list
* wait ~30-60 minutes for the override to take effect (Koji needs time to
compose a new buildroot repository with the new override). You can use:
koji wait-repo --build=libquvi-$version-$release f16-build
to check, it will return when the new package is available in the buildroot
(or immediately if it already was in the buildroot when you ran the
command).
* if any other quvi package is needed to build dependent packages, do the
same for those
* build the dependent packages
* delete the buildroot override through:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/override/list
when you don't need it anymore

> - create  an update in bodhi with all the new packages

Yes.

        Kevin Kofler