Using plymouth during hibernation

Tirtha Chatterjee tirtha.p.chatterjee at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 14:06:40 UTC 2011

Plymouth is currently used by Fedora during boot-up and shut-down. But
during hibernation, the screen turns blank to a terminal, often
showing warning messages that make no sense. Also, when hibernating or
resuming from hibernation, it gives no indication of how much the task
has progressed.

Can Plymouth be modified so that it shows up during hibernation and
wake-up too? In that case, can anyone guide me on how to do it? I am
ready to do the coding, but may need some guidance here and there.

Thanking you,
--
Regards
Tirtha Chatterjee