Systemd and fstab

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Dec 14 12:48:37 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 07:25 AM, Andrew Price wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From the systemd.mount(5) man page:
>
> "Mount units may either be configured via unit files, or via /etc/fstab"
>
> This makes me wonder - to what extent will systemd replace fstab in
> future Fedoras? Will fstab disappear in favour of systemd mount units?
>
> Andy

 I think that would be a enormous design flaw and abuse of the initd
daemon. So, I certainly hope not. init should do one thing and do it
well ... the fact that it -can- do something else is a terrible reason
to do it.

  Geez, the kernel can do a lot more user-space stuff - doesn't make it
sensible design ...