Native systemd unit for tsm client

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:24:52 UTC 2011

On 12/15/2011 09:08 AM, Thomas Moschny wrote:
> Why are you starting dsmc explicitly - isn't it started by dsmcad?

You are right not worry about "dsmc sched" as dsmcad will call dsmc
sched and also control the webclient portion so you can just drop that line.

Probably a nasty habit from I picked up from the past throwing it in
there...

### tsm-client.service ###

[Unit]
Description=Tivoly Storage Manager Client
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=oneshot
Environment=DSM_LOG=/var/log/tsm
ExecStart=/usr/bin/dsmcad
RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

> Here's what we've been using:
>
> [Unit]
> Description=DSM Client Acceptor
> After=network.target
>
> [Service]
> Type=forking
> ExecStart=-/usr/bin/dsmcad -errorlogname=/var/log/dsmerror.log
> Environment=LANG=en_US
> StandardOutput=syslog
> GuessMainPID=no
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target
>
> For some reason the PID guessing does not work, so we force it to use cgroups.

Hum that unit file looks a bit odd to me and does not work with TSM 6.3
on F16 atleast not here anywho the IBM guys/gal will probably come up
eventually with the official and "correct" unit for their client when
RHEL7 gets released and maybe stop polluting 64bit installs with
dependency's on i386 but as you probably already know if wishes were
horses we would all be eating steak...

JBG