Canonical Will Remove Java From Ubuntu

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Thu Dec 22 11:05:01 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:52:13AM +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 22/12/11 10:41, Paul Howarth wrote:
> >
> >At $WORKPLACE I use a Java app (via javaws) - EMC NetWorker Management
> >Console - that won't work with OpenJDK (it pops up a username/password
> >window as expected but doesn't then pop up the main app window once the
> >username+password have been entered), whilst it does work with
> >Sun/Oracle java 6 and 7. I would much rather use OpenJDK but I haven't
> >a clue how to track down what the problem is, knowing next to nothing
> >about java.
> >
> >Paul.
>
> You would need to see what classes are imported.
> They are probably specific to Oracle JDK.
> Usually the top lines in a *.java src.

  Source is often not available.  Is there a website or anything related
to getting stuff working with OpenJDK?  The software I use works fine
with Oracle Java, but fails with http://fpaste.org/Ybkj/ on any OpenJDK.

--
Tomasz Torcz            There exists no separation between gods and men:
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl   one blends softly casual into the other.