Printing issue in Fedora 16

Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda callkalpa at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 29 03:02:21 UTC 2011

2011/12/29 Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com>:
> On Mon, 2011-12-26 at 09:59 +0530, Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda wrote:
>> > I had use:
>> > system-config-printer
>> >
>> > to configure my epson stylus color in parallel port.
>> >

>> I put URI as paralle:/dev/lp0 and driver as Epson 24-pin recommended
>> and now it is working.
>
> I just check and for the record I use :
> parallel:/dev/lp0

yeah it's the same for me. But something I noticed is that when
printing the font of the printer is changed from the default font.
(The LED indicating the default font changes to some other font.) and
the printout is not that clear also. This may be due the recommended
24-pin driver which may not be the exactly suitable driver for the
printer.

--
Best Regards,

Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda