Heads-up: GIMP 2.7/2.8 in Rawhide, license change to (L)GPLv3+

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Fri Dec 30 13:25:08 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 13:40 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 12/16/2011 12:09 PM, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> > Quoting Nils Philippsen wrote:
> >

> >> GREYCstoration: deebs
> >

> > GREYstoration[1]is dead and superseded by GMIC[2] awhile ago. That package
> > should be retired and replaced.
>
> Unfortunately G'MIC is an usability nightmare, an app inside the app,
> duplicating in a crammed interface a lot of existing GIMP functions,
> instead of GREYCStoration simple filter for noise reduction.

I've patched GREYCstoration (it was FTBFS previously since we bumped
libpng) so it shouldn't be an issue for a while (as long as someone
maintains it). Might be some work though when GIMP cuts off legacy APIs
(e.g. for high bit depths).

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty