Orphanings/dead packaging libnc-dap; octave releases and octave-forge future

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Sat Feb 5 21:11:34 UTC 2011

I'm planning on dropping libnc-dap.  It is no longer supported and
functionality has moved into the netcdf 4 library.

The only package currently requiring libnc-dap is:

octave-forge-0:20090607-17.fc14.i686

Also, apparently octave is planning a 3.4 release this weekend which I
would like to see get into F15.  These two events I believe will drive
the final stake into the heart of the octave-forge package at which
point we will need to start packaging the components separately.  Since
this is how upstream distributes them anyway, I see no reason not to
move in this direction in all possible haste.  I will try to get back to
my earlier efforts on creating a packaging template for octave packages
as soon as I can.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Orion