Services that can start by default policy feedback

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Feb 24 16:52:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 03:32:43PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> Right. I think the reasonable expectation here is that if you (as a
> user) don't want the service, don't install the package. If you (as a

The package is more than just the service. It will also include the
documentation and the possibility to start the service whenever I need
it. I have lots of server software installed like apache httpd or a
tftpd, ftpd, etc. on a client system and I only enable them whenever
they are needed. Even when I install some of the software, how is it
supposed to know which files to serve?

Regards
Till