F-15 Branched report: 20110224 changes

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Feb 26 13:23:25 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:32:40 +0100,
  Tim Niemueller <tim at niemueller.de> wrote:

> What is the policy of accepting F-15 updates? I mean, there is no risk
> in accepting an update if the package was simply broken and unusable
> before anyway. I'd like to get rid of broken deps mails rather sooner
> than later...

We're in a freeze right now. Once an RC is accepted the freeze will be lifted.
I don't know if that will be decided before the next go/no-go meeting, but
I expect one to be accepted by then (Wednesday evening) at the latest. And
it might be sooner.

There is always some risk of adding new builds. Even leaf packages not used
in the build processes can mess things ups via provides and requires.

I can sympathise with you though as I am waiting for a gcc fix to hit stable
so that I can rebuild raidem.