firewalld - A firewall daemon with D-BUS interface providing a dynamic firewall (test version)

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Jan 6 10:42:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 03:22:15PM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 01:29:51PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> >      -p 0x8035 -j I-vnet0-rarp
>
> Who still uses RARP?

libvirt doesn't really care what protocols guest VMs use
on their network. We're simply providing a mechanism to
protect against VM attempting to spoof traffic from other
VMs. We have demonstration filters that do this for many
protocols, including RARP, that an admin can activate as
required for their network

Daniel