boot hang at the loopback interface in rawhide?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 14 05:04:55 UTC 2011

On 2011/01/13 22:59 (GMT-0500) Matthew Miller composed:

> For some reason, boot is hanging with today's rawhide update -- I get stuck
> at "Bringing up loopback interface". Oddly, if I boot into runlevel 1, lo is
> there just fine. (But if I telinit 5 from there, it immediately tries to
> bring it up again and hangs.) Is anyone else seeing this or is it a one-off
> quirk?

Similar things have happened to me over the past few days. Does it also get
hung if 'telinit 6' or 'telinit 0'? What happens if you 'service network
start' from runlevel 1, then 'telinit 5'?
--
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/