PHP floating point bug possibly misinterpreted

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Jan 14 14:29:12 UTC 2011

Andrew Haley wrote:
> It's perhaps important to note that gcc is not standards-conforming
> by default, and if you want it to be you have to use the appropriate
> options to say which standard you want it to conform to.  The
> defaults are a best guess at what people might want.

That's all fine and dandy, but I obviously did not make myself clear due
to the responses I have received.

Fedora turns on some C flags *by default* for security purposes, and I
felt that this flag might need to be added to that list to prevent
future (unintended) security holes. Is there a real use case for ever
requiring the undefined nature of the default behavior?