Haskell packaging questions

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Mon Jan 31 17:32:08 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 08:33:13AM +0530, lakshminaras2002 at gmail.com wrote:

> The cabal2spec program generates the template for the .spec file from the
> .cabal file. Then the packager modifies certain values and thats about it.
> The macros used in the template come from /etc/rpm/macros.ghc. There are
> cases were there is a need to add some files not picked by the macros and
> that has been done. Eg
> [2]<http://petersen.fedorapeople.org/ghc-gtk/ghc-gtk.spec>

Wouldn't it be more clear if cabal2spec generated the %files and
%packages sections rather than using a really complicated macro?  As a
reviewer, I feel like there is no way to tell what the spec file is
doing.  I can't even tell which packages it's going to create unless I
actually run rpmbuild and look at what files show up.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/