vsftpd in the news

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Jul 5 22:11:06 UTC 2011

On 07/05/2011 11:59 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> That sounds like an excellent idea for a contribution! Remember, the
> AutoQA project is explicitly designed to allow and indeed encourage
> tests to be contributed - we would love it if the core AutoQA team
> worked mostly on the framework, and tests were contributed by many
> people. Seehttps://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Writing_AutoQA_Tests  .

There's a few cavets that have been mentioned in this thread that would
make this functionality mostly pointless to try and implement.

1) Not all packages include gpg signatures.
   a) not everyone knows they can include them
   b) SCM checkouts don't have signatures
   c) some projects don't use them
2) We don't have a system to validate a gpg signature in place. My
understanding of GPG is that we would need to house all the public keys
to validate against. Nothing like this exists. I'm lazy and don't feel
like creating such a system. :)

We're stuck with the lookaside cache checksum for now.