cups service gone walkabouts?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 19:33:35 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 15:00 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 07/06/2011 09:21 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> >
> > Am 06.07.2011 11:19, schrieb Paul F. Johnson:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> It seems that after yesterdays (5th July) mammoth rawhide update, that
> >> the cups daemon has vanished from /etc/init.d - any idea if this is just
> >> an oversight?
> > sounds like the switch to systemd started
> > good!
> >

> The development cycle is exactly to catch any potential issues like this
> and the sooner we have those native service files out there the better.
>
> So I propose that instead of you complaining here on the list you help
> out in the migration progress and start converting legacy sysv init
> scripts to a native systemd service files.
>
> If you are uncapable of doing that I suggest that you keep these
> sarcastic remarks of yours to yourself and off list.

erm, I didn't read the initial post as at all sarcastic. I think you're
over-interpreting. Reindl simply suggested why the SysV definition had
disappeared - "sounds like the switch to systemd started" - and gave an
opinion - "good!". I can't see any reason to interpret the opinion as
sarcasm.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey