systemd: Is it wrong?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Jul 11 16:26:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:15:25PM -0400, Steve Dickson wrote:

> On 07/11/2011 10:44 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > On Mon, 11.07.11 16:32, Miloslav Trmač (mitr at volny.cz) wrote:
> > Steve otoh wants one service to consist of multiple daemons, each of
> > which can consist of multiple processes. I find that unnecessarily
> > complex and this is not implemented in system, and have pointed out a
> > number of times why.
> Too complexed for your code, not system admins. That's exactly what they want.
>
> One command that starts multiple process/daemons of a particular service.
> It as simple as that.

Wasn't it suggested that that could be obtained by having one service
per daemon plus another generic NFS service that depends on the
appropriate other services? What you want appears to be achievable in
the systemd way of doing things, just not by putting all of the daemons
in a single service file.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org