boost 1.47.0

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 10:27:26 UTC 2011

Kalev Lember <kalevlember at gmail.com> writes:

> On 07/18/2011 11:35 PM, Petr Machata wrote:
>> in accordance with the announced Fedora feature[1][2], we (the Boost
>> maintainers) plan to rebase Boost to 1.47.0 really soon now.  Boost
>> 1.47.0 has been released recently and Denis Arnaud kindly did the
>> packaging, so it is ready for scratch builds, smoke testing, and related
>> fun.
>>
>> I'll do that in the next few days and if all comes out green-ish, I'll
>> push the package into Fedora 16 and write a follow-up to this e-mail
>> with guidelines on overcoming the obstacles, if any.
>
> How are you planning to handle the rebuilds for all the 176 affected
> source packages? Is there going to be a koji side tag for rebuilds?

The last time around maintainers were largely able to respin their
packages themselves when given a notice.  What I did in the past, and
plan an doing this time again, is that I go through the list, rebuilding
the packages in mock.  If bugs occur, I fix them either in Boost, or in
the package itself, in which case I open FTBFS with a patch attached.  I
don't have privileges to bump, rebuild and patch the packages myself.

Thanks,
PM