General systemd questions in respect to Fedora project.

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Jul 20 17:54:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, 20.07.11 11:40, Lucas (macachuto at gmail.com) wrote:

> Dear All.
>
> In my previous post here I asked about "systemd-logind", which is already enabled by default and
> does something no one knows what:

Please keep questions like this on systemd-devel, or on #systemd on freenode.

> 1. Where is its documentation or man page?

There's quite a bit of documentation around already, even though it is
a very new piece of code which is available in Rawhide only so
far. We'll extend the available documentation as we come closer to a
stable release of Fedora.

http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd-logind.conf.html
http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd-loginctl.html
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat

> 2. How can one disable it?

If you build systemd you can leave it out of your build. On Fedora it is
enabled however.

> And I was suggested to ask that question in freedesktop mailing list.
>
> Why should I ask my question there if I am asking about Fedora (Rawhide) distribution and we do not
> have documentation about this service in Fedora (Rawhide). And we do not know how to disable this
> service in Fedora (Rawhide).

We do have documentation, and a lot of information has been made
available upstream. systemd is one of the projects that Fedora uses, but
is not the only user of. The same way as we generally try to avoid
having detailed discussions about specific Apache modules on
fedora-devel, we try to avoid too specific discussions on systemd too,
especially if there's no direct relation to Fedora here.

> Please, I would like to read any answers here in fedoraproject mailing
> list, because I talk about Fedora.

systemd-logind is a systemd service, not a Fedora-specific service.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.