rawhide openssh-server update kills sshd

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue Jul 26 21:46:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, 26.07.11 17:16, James Antill (james at fedoraproject.org) wrote:

> > Perhaps it's because in %postun it has "systemctl try-restart
> > sshd.service" where it used to have "service sshd condrestart", and
> > systemd kills all running sshd processes whereas the old one only
> > killed the main one and not the children?
>
>  It looks more like the first victim of systemd using cgroups as a
> replacement for setsid() etc. ... pam_systemd being the first return
> volley in that war. *sigh*.

systemd is not using cgroups as replacement for setsid().

If restarting sshd kills the sshs sessions then my guess is that
pam_systemd is not enabled (or somehow failing) and hence user sessions
stay members of the sshd cgroup instead of getting their own.

When you log in via ssh, and do "cat /proc/self/cgroup", in which cgroup
does your login shell appear to be running? (look for the name=systemd
line).

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.