Intent to package GNOME Shell frippery

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Jul 29 09:36:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:31:35AM +0200, drago01 wrote:
> 2011/7/29 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>:
> >> What's the point other then duplicated effort?
> >
> > extenstion.gnome.fedoraproject.org would contain the "unofficial" ones ...
>
> There is no such thing, every non mallware extension should be in
> extensions.gnome.org (same as addons.mozilla.org).

  Same as...
Nazwa              : mozilla-adblockplus
Architektura       : noarch
Wersja             : 1.3.8
Wydanie            : 1.fc15

  I would strongly prefer third parties not to reinvent whole packaging
and repositories concept.  Some companies grasp it (I have yum repos
provided for Google Earth and Talk Plugin, Dell BIOSes and firmwares,
Adobe Flash and Air, Virtualbox...).

  Actually, if addons.m.o and extensions.g.o provided yum.repo file,
my point would be moot.

--
Tomasz Torcz                "Funeral in the morning, IDE hacking
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl    in the afternoon and evening." - Alan Cox