Guidance on hulahop epoch usage

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jun 4 11:34:40 UTC 2011

On 06/03/2011 05:52 AM, Peter Hutterer wrote:

> Anyway, I'll tell Jeremy he'll need to manually remove/update.

In my opinion this is a good (or bad?) example how users' life is made
harder due to irrational fear of the Epoch.  Telling Jeremy won't help
people who don't know that the problem exists or don't follow the bug
report.  Caveat: I don't know a thing about hulahop or if using Epoch
with it would be somehow specially problematic, but I'm assuming it
wouldn't be because according to my F-14 repoquery there are only two
packages in Fedora that depend on it, and neither has a versioned
dependency on it.