Gnome Shell Extension manager/framework planned?

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 21:14:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM, tim.lauridsen at gmail.com
<tim.lauridsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> The latest version of gnome-tweak-tool can enable/disable installed extentions
> http://timlau.fedorapeople.org/files/pics/tweek-tool.png

That is excellent. I would assume that disabled extensions are just
added to the blacklist using:

$ gsettngs reset org.gnome.shell disabled-extensions
$ gsettings set org.gnome.shell disabled-extensions "['helloworld at gnome.org']"

Ref: Shamelessly pulled from:
http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2011/04/gnome-3-shell-extensions.html#ixzz1OLNZQmNZ

Is there/can there be a way for extension creators to add a stanza of
javascript that would cause some configuration options to show up in
each extension's section or a format they could use in dconf that
gnome-tweak-tool could read in and control?

/Mike