SYSTEMD: Give us a option for upstart

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 13 00:36:06 UTC 2011

Am 13.06.2011 02:28, schrieb John Dulaney:
>> not today but in some months
>
> How so?  How is it that in 'some months' you will be forced to use
> systemd?  Are the Chinese going to torture you until you make the
> switch?

F14 EOL?

No Kernel 2.6.38 while Kernel-Update in the support-cycle not so long ago
were absolutly normal - results in F14 bot supporting the Network-Card
of my new Workstation, the intel graphcics drivers in F14 are a joke

so F14 does not support my hardware because some release changes in the shorter past
F15 is a breakage in core-system

> Why not go with another distro that does not use systemd, rather
> than complaining on here and mommicking the rest of us?  It really
> seems that Fedora is not the distribution that fits your application.

I am using Fedora
 * since "Fedora Core 3" in production
 * since "Fedora Core 5" on Desktops
 * since "Fedora 7" on VOIP Server
 * since "Fedora 9" on all Web/Mail-Servers

and NOW it should be the wrong distribution?
other things you are dreaming about?