systemd: please stop trying to take over the world :)

Casey Dahlin cdahlin at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 20:54:06 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:33:19AM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Uh, and even much healthier than Upstart, which you seem to be a big fan
> of. Ohloh lists 3 patch authors. (But I figure that is out-of-date, it
> cannot be that low)

I'm guessing its just ohloh having as much trouble operating launchpad
as humans do. I know I have quite a large branch somewhere in there, but
it usually takes me a good while to find evidence of it too.

In general, though, someone else would have to understand what Upstart
is supposed to be in order to contribute code. Since that is explicitly
and by choice only documented in Scott's head, its kinda hard to do.

--CJD