what key between Ctrl & Alt

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 23:03:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 11:25 -0400, Steve Clark wrote:

> > > 1-function keys grouped on left so that only fingers of one child's (small)
> > > hand are required to use any combination of function key simultaneously with
> > > any combination of shift key(s); readily usable purely by touch of an
> > > experience user

> > However I thought that the condition 1 was abandoned when the original
> > IBM AT keyboards stopped shipping :). But then a short search revealed
> > this one:
> > Avant Stellar Keyboard
> > http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=376&Itemid=65&limit=1&limitstart=4
> >
> Good collapsible spring keyboards are still available from Unicomp.
> http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/linux101.html

None of those meet OP's condition 1), though.

If you're not as picky as that OP the Unicomp boards are good, but it's
worth bearing in mind that they are simply the IBM Model M, and you can
often find second-hand Model Ms much cheaper on ebay or at second-hand
computer parts stores; for instance, in Vancouver, Free Geek runs a
thrift store where they sell off bits they can't recycle, and they
usually charge only $20 for a Model M (the one I'm typing this on came
from there).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey