systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Mon Jun 20 23:38:03 UTC 2011

On Tue, 21.06.11 01:33, Reindl Harald (h.reindl at thelounge.net) wrote:

> Am 21.06.2011 01:23, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> >> I don't know if it respects the number-based ordering for services which
> >> simply don't include LSB-compliant dependency information at all.
> >
> > Yes, it respects the number-based ordering between two services if
> > neither includes LSB information.
>
> useless as long it fires them up as fast as possible and at the same time
> so you need socket activation, so you need native services

This is a misunderstanding. If A is ordered after B, then systemd spawns
A, waits until A is finished with start-up and only then starts B. If
the order between MySQL and your service is available and correct, then
things will work correctly for you.

But I am mostly repeating myself here, so I think this is enough on this
topic.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.