PLEASE Re: systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jun 21 00:18:48 UTC 2011

please read this post, do not answer until tomorrwor and
try to undertand what i hardly want to explain you

Am 21.06.2011 01:35, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> On Tue, 21.06.11 01:18, Reindl Harald (h.reindl at thelounge.net) wrote:
>
>>> You keep talking about 'random order' but I'm not sure this is accurate.
>>> My understanding was that systemd respects the dependency information in
>>> LSB-compliant headers and hence will fire these up in the correct order
>>> as long as the dependencies are correct. If there are any LSB-type
>>> headers with incorrect or incomplete dependency information, this is a
>>> bug that *can* be fixed with updates to F15
>>
>> god damned only the order is useless
>
> Your choice of words consisting of "fuck", "wtf", "god damned" and
> constant shouting does not help improve your case

this is the result you are only speaking about the non-native mysqld
of F15 while i try to find a way get mysqld independent of the fedora
maintainers perfectly running AND that english is not my native language,
i am really tired after trying days and nights to get mysqld native running

> If the ordering information is available and correct then systemd will
> execute services depending on MySQL only after MySQL is up and ready.

this is simply NOT true

even starting mysqld with a mysqld.service and starting dbmail.services
also with native servcies which are providing "Before=dbmail-imapd.service"
results in connection errors in the maillog because mysqld is not ready
and this is why i implented the "mysqld.socket"

if mysqld.socket is used "systemctl stop mysqld.service" results in a restart
and you will me explain that "systemctl stop mysqld.service mysqld.socket"
is they way to go instead making systemd smarter

so please can we stop this brainless discussion and you try to think
a little bit about usability and wtaht an admin expects if he stops a
service manually

in simple words: "if i stop a service" nobody and nothing has to start
it again, this must never happen except something oustide systemctl
kills the process