systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Alexander Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 05:23:38 UTC 2011

On 08:17:24 AM Tuesday, June 21, 2011 Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 21.06.2011 01:44, schrieb Adam Williamson:
> >> so where was the QA before the release which forbids fix the release?
> >
> > Well, a few things:
> >
> > There's no planned testing of mysql prior to release. QA does not have
> > the resources to test every feature of Fedora; what gets tested are
> > things that are critical to the basic functionality of the system, which
> > does not include mysql
>
> this is not needed
>
> seeing that most services are not prividing systemd-files should
> be reason enough to supsend the release or schedule systemd for F16
>
> the other option had been one or two deadlines for packagers
> to provide native systemd-services with much more pressure than happended

I wonder how could someone would put a deadline on volunteers?
You can't :).
How would you make someone provide systemd-services if he/she doesn't have a
systemd machine to play with?
You can't :).
Why does pretty much every significant project switched to time-based releases
instead of feature-based?
Because that's the only sensible way you can deliver smth to your users. And
yes I think that systemd was ready but there was no way to get every service
converted before it is in a released versions packagers can work with.

Regards,
Alex